The Uganda Peoples Defense Forces have maintained that military offensive against the Allied Democratic Forces terrorists are still ongoing in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Brig Felix Kulaiyge,the defense spokesperson on Friday clarified that operation shujaa is still active and bearing positive successes.
The clarification stemmed from a media report claiming the operation had temporarily been halted by the government.
“This is to put it more clear that the operation shujaa is still ongoing as we continue to hunt down the ADF terrorist,” Brig Kulayige said.
He adds that operations commended the UPDF suhujja has so far realised huge impact against terrorism within the region.
UPDF launched Operation Shujaa last year in conjunction with the Congolese Army.
On Friday, President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni while meeting army officers at Muhoti Barracks in Fort portal encouraged them to push the struggle until they achieve interests.
“I met officers of the Mountain Division Specialized Force at Muhoti Barracks in Fort Portal, Kabarole District to salute them for their role in the successful operation Shujaa and encourage them. We should not stop pounding (Kusekula) until we achieve our desired grade (Kunoza),”President said.